[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Alexor  
Forum » Process Simulator » English » How to increase processing speed (Increase the data exchange speed from one)
How to increase processing speed
pitons2Date: Tuesday, 31.10.2017, 15:06 | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Hello. I'm using your tool, to exchange the data between S7-400 series PLCSIM and several S7-300 series PLCSIM's. S7-300 series PLC's are the field PLC's, working with the real hardware, while S7-400 series PLC is a supervisory PLC, that is controlling the whole process. Currently I also have a part in S7-400 series PLC, that is simulating the work of inputs for field PLC's. The simulated data is in DBs. Using Process Simulator ITEM DELAY object (0 MS DELAY, DBD in, ID out), I'm sending this data to appropriate field PLC's Input memory. The problem is, that this data is being sent to Input memory too slow. Even I have a very powerful PC, it takes more than 300 ms between 2 new values appear in field PLC (The same value in PLC 400 is being changed every cycle, that is about 12ms). Is there a way to make it faster? If I use CSharp to copy dwords from 400s DBs to 300s I memory dwords, it is even slower.

AlexorDate: Tuesday, 31.10.2017, 15:50 | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Administrators
Hi,

I have two ideas.

1) Siemens PLCSim API give possibility to read arrays from Q memory, and write arrays to I memory. Process Simulator use these methods. Try to create array of DWORDS for your S7-300 and fill it in CSharp script with values from S7-400. May be 50% speed up.

2) Try to use more than one connection to each PLCSim. You need to experiment, because there is no information how many connections simultaneously are supported.

Forum » Process Simulator » English » How to increase processing speed (Increase the data exchange speed from one)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: